Short Article: Top Five Mythical Hypothesis about Alien Life
July 27, 2010 15 Comments
Extraterrestrial life is extremely debated, ever since Homo Sapiens Sapiens started to tackle about it. In the era of Geordono Bruno, even thinking about it, was open invitation to Guillotine. Now there are many open minds who are speculating these life forms based on Drake equation and complex chemistry. However, there are some myths about extraterrestrial life and aliens.
1. Every Alien Being Should Have Humanoid Look: This is most popular consensus among sentient beings that any intelligent alien should have erect humanoid shape otherwise he can’t develop civilization. Dr. Dale Russel has speculated so called Reptilian beings evolved from a theropod named troodon. Most amazingly his reptilian being was erect and humanoid shaped. Some argued that there was no such civilization of intelligent beings since we haven’t found any evidences like stone tools etc. They used small stone tools to kill t-rex, supersaurus and Sauroschus(12 to 15m long and weighed >10tons, supercroc)? It was very easy to kill such small(?) predators with stone tools. So if there was civilization, where are the stone tools? Hey, you are wrong! Humanoid body plan is best for tetrapods not all creatures. While troodon was already a bipedal predator, you need not to make him erect humanoid.
2. Rare Earth Hypothesis: Rare Earth Hypothesis argues that life origingated here on Earth due to randomness and specific position of Earth in universe which are not possible anywhere in universe. When you got a FTL spaceship? You have explored the every corner universe?
3. Interdimensional Alien Beings: Perhaps, I’ve already talked about it. This term is mostly used in Paranormal blogs. A paranormal term to explain paranormal phenomenon. Net resultant=paranormal paranormal=2paranormal. Interesting result! Isn’t it? Anything could be interdimensional if it is capable of maintaining its existence in multiple dimensions. Sometimes UFOlogists like to explain phenomenon by introducing an interdimensional being dramatically. I’ll try to explain this in short why it is illogical(since this is a short article)? Consider that you are being transfered in the hyperspace(5D space time) , would you adapt the extra space dimension? No, you can’t because equations doesn’t allow you to change your body configuration. Sure you can travel interdimensionally but that doesn’t make you 5D human entity. And one thing, you can’t travel in a space-time reality which is below you means if you are a 3 space dimensional entity, you can’t go through 3D space-time(2space 1time). Well, a 2D space dimensional entity could travel easily into our and higher space since it would still occupy 2space dimension to remain its existence. Now, I think it would make some aspects clear to UFOlogists. Next time, I’ll write a detailed article about it with equations. See my earlier article ‘what would a flatlander really see?’ to understand this better.
4. Aliens are very advanced: Science fiction writers have ever depicted the presence of advanced otherworldly civilization. Well, it doesn’t mean that everytime when I talk about them, I’m talking about a 10cubic meter conscious pile of alien neurons which has discovered the theory of everything.
5. Quantum Gods of Creationists: Creationists are highly mentally unstable. Just three hundred years ago, it talked about earthcentrism and Noah’s flood etc. Just ten years ago, the bible depicted the presence of dinosaurs and now presence of extraterrestrial being anywhere else in the universe. Very unstable!